Education Programs: A step toward sustainability
- Operation Smile Morocco invests in medical education and training opportunities that promote sustainability and self-sufficiency throughout the country.
- Operation Smile Morocco organizes hands-on workshops through which volunteers and community healthcare providers can improve and expand their knowledge and skills.
- Medical education conferences are organized on a monthly basis at Operation Smile Morocco’s Comprehensive Care Center in Casablanca
- Operation Smile Morocco has provided medical education opportunities for visiting Palestinian and Senegalese medical professionals.
- Operation Smile Morocco medical volunteers participate in hands-on training and attend lectures during Operation Smile International Medical Missions.
- A variety of educational opportunities are provided during an Operation Smile Medical Mission, from a formal medical conference to an informal workshop on a specific skill or technique.
- Educational programs typically address the medical specialties of: plastic surgery, anesthesia, nursing, biomedical technology, speech pathology, dentistry, and child life.
- An education mission or program may include a “Guest Educator” who is internationally recognized in their field.
- During a typical mission-based education program as many as 100 in-country healthcare workers benefit.
- Operation Smile Morocco is dedicated to helping establishing Operation Smile programs and projects in the neighboring countries of Algeria, Libya, Mauritania and Senegal.
- Operation Smile Morocco sends physicians to the annual Operation Smile Physicians' Training Program (PTP) - held at Operation Smile’s headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia, USA. PTP brings doctors from around the world together for training in their respective specialties.