- Operation Smile Morocco is part of a global alliance of Operation Smile Foundations and Resource Chapters dedicated to providing free treatment to children and adults suffering from cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities.
- Operation Smile Morocco is honored to operate under the Honorific Presidency of Her Royal Highness Princess Lalla Mariam, Honorary Chairperson.
- In Morocco, approximately 1 in every 800 babies is born with a facial deformity.
- Children with facial deformities who do not receive reconstructive surgery often have difficulty breathing, drinking, eating and speaking. As a result, many suffer from malnutrition, medical and psychological problems.
- In as little as 45 minutes, one cleft lip surgery can change a child's life forever.
- It costs as little as 3200 MAD to repair a child’s cleft lip.
- Operation Smile Morocco is a registered N.G.O.
- Operation Smile Morocco has treated more than 6800 children and trained more than 2000 healtcare professionals in AHA programs since 1999
- There are more than 300 Operation Smile Morocco Volunteers
- Operation Smile Morocco sends physicians to the annual Operation Smile Physicians' Training Program (PTP) - held at Operation Smile’s headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia, USA. PTP brings doctors from around the world together for training in their respective specialties.
Transforming lives, building future leaders.